|An apple tree gift tag... perfect for September!
You Will Need...
- a piece of green patterned card 7cm x 7cm (make sure it's plain and light on the reverse so you can write on it)
- a piece of brown patterned card 5cm x 10cm
- brown ink pad
- green ink pad
- small piece of red paper - approx. 2cm x 6cm
- small piece of dark green paper - approx. 1cm x 4cm
- black pen
- hole punch
- a piece of ribbon
Instructions1. On the back of the green patterned card draw a circle (I used the base of a drinking glass to draw around). Cut out the circle.
2. On the back of the brown patterned card draw a tree trunk and branches shape. Use the picture as a guide. Cut this out in one piece.
3. Take the green ink pad and run it around the edges of the green patterned circle.
4. Take the brown ink and run it around the edges of the brown patterned trunk.
5. Spread glue on the back of the branches (but not the trunk) of the tree. Stick this over the green circle in the place shown in the picture.
6. Now cut three small apple shapes out of the red paper. I did this free hand. If you have an apple shaped paper punch that would be ideal to use. Stick these on the tree spacing them out.
7. Cut three small leaf shapes out of the dark green paper. Use a black pen to draw on some veins. Stick one leaf on the top of each apple.
8. Punch a hole in the top of your tag in the centre and add a ribbon.
Have fun playing with different patterns, colours and sizes. Or try putting things other than apples in the tree. I'd love to see what you come up with!