Wednesday 9 April 2014

Greeting Cards - A History...

I admit it; I'm addicted to greeting cards.

And I'm not the only one - they've become an integral part of our culture with millions of pounds being spent on them with the average person in the UK sending out 55 each year. The idea of taking the time in a busy, an increasingly electronic, world to write a heartfelt greeting for a loved one really seems to connect with people.

This piece of information got me (even more) interested in what it is that people like so much about sending cards, and how the custom started in the first place. So I did a little research into the history of greeting cards and this is what I found out...

A History of Greeting Cards


And in the future? Industry figures suggest that the sending of cards is still increasing with more being sent every year. Cards featuring messages, quotes and greetings as the main focus are growing in popularity suggesting the need for communication and connecting with loved ones is as strong as it was back in ancient times.



No comments:

Post a Comment